Barry M's AW 2018 Gelly Polishes

September 21, 2018


Today I have swatches of Barry M's four new Gelly polishes for Autumn/Winter 2018. I was so excited to get these, I saw other blogger's swatches and knew I had to have them. They looked stunning.

First is Nutmeg. Initially, I thought I wouldn't be a huge fan of this colour, nudes and neutrals aren't usually my thing, but when I put a design over it and added a matte top coat... I absolutely loved it. (Most nails look better with a matte top coat!)
It's a neutral shade, that's hard to explain... But it's a nude/peach/brown kind of colour. 


Second is Rhubarb. The polish is a somewhere between a red and a purple shade. It's a really pretty, vampy colour and would be perfect for a Halloween mani. 


Next is Ginger. I can already tell that Ginger is going to be one of my go-to polishes this autumn. It's a stunning orange/red shade.
Perfect shade to wear while you're sipping a pumpkin spice latte! 


Finally is Spearmint. Spearmint is a cool-toned, muted teal. And is beautiful. I absolutely love my teal shades, and finding autumnal teals isn't always easy, because a lot of teal polishes are either pastel (spring), bright (summer) or dark (winter). This is a perfect cool, autumn teal shade. I will be wearing this a lot over the coming months.


All four are part of Barry M's Gelly collection, so they all have a creme formula and dry super glossy (swatches are with no top coat, designs are with Barry M's matte top coat).
Nutmeg was the most opaque of the four formulas, it was almost opaque in one coat, but needed a second for me to be fully satisfied with the coverage. The other three all needed two coats to be opaque.

I think all four of these are beautiful polishes, perfect for this time of year and if you are on the lookout for new shades to wear this autumn/winter, then you should definitely give these a try. My favourites from the four are Ginger and Spearmint, although I really like all four of them.

These polishes are available from Barry M, Superdrug and Boots for £3.99.

- N :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments