NAILS tag

January 13, 2013



QUESTIONS ABOUT NAILS!

1. When did your nail passion start?

When I started to grow my nails, because they were so short before I had never really been able to paint them, and I loved finally being able to do things with my nails.



2. When did you start growing your nails long?

When my fiancée proposed to me nearly 2 years ago, because I wanted my hands to look nice when I showed people my engagement ring.

This is what my nails used to look like!! (November 2010)

 
3.  What are the secrets to growing long natural nails?

Will power to not bite them or pick at them, and nail hardener to stop them braking. (I used to use Barry M nail hardener - which I still absolutely LOVE, I am currently trying Nail Envy by OPI which is good so far.)



4. Do you like long or short nails?

Long but not too long.  

5. Which do you prefer most – acrylic, gel, fiberglass or any other nail enhancement?

I like natural nails, but when I was younger I had acrylic nails for years.

 Old acrylics nails.


6. Do you prefer false nails or natural nails?

Natural.

7. What nail shape do you like best – round, square, pointy, squoval?

I like round/squoval.

My current nail shape. (Colour: Peach Melba by Barry M)


8. What nail polish brand do you love the most?
Barry M (because it’s cheap!) or China Glaze

9. If you were stuck on an island what would be the 3 nail items you would bring?

A nail file, nail hardener, and a polish (can’t chose which one yet though)

10. Why do you love nail art? How did you get started doing nail art?

I love having awesome designs on my nails and the possibilities are endless. I got into nail art out of boredom, I got bored and started experimenting with nail art. 

11. What is your favourite basecoat and topcoat?

Basecoat: Nail Envy by OPI, or Goodbye Yellow by Barbara Daly.

Topcoat: Gloss - Good To Go by Essie / Matte - Matte About You by Essie.




12. What is your all-time favourite nail polish?

My favourite nail polishes change a lot, but at the moment: Aquadelic by China Glaze or Peach Melba by Barry M.



13. How many nail polishes do you own?

I can't be bothered to count, but these are all my nail polishes and acrylic paints that I use for my nails.



14. How many of them are still "untried"?
I think I have tried them all.

15. Do you have backups? How many?

I had a backup to my Barry M nail hardener, but I am just about to finish my backup.

16. What was your first nail polish ever? (if you remember)

I have no idea, probably one I stole off my mum when I was younger.

17. What nail polish is on the top of your wishlist?

For ages I have really want to try China Glazes’ Strong Adhesion basecoat.



18. Do you like crackle polish or do you hate it?

I like it sometimes.

19. If you are going to have a nail polish line what would you call it?

BOOM! (Named after my guinea pig (Mr Boom!)



20. What nail polish color doesn’t compliment you?

I keep trying Barry M 307 (Lemon Ice Cream), I really want it to look good, but it just doesn’t compliment me. (I wish it did!)... Maybe it might look better in the summer when my hands are more tanned.



21. What nail polish color compliments you?

Turquoises and other blues. (Turquoise is my favourite colour, and my hair is dip-died turquoise)

22. Name two of your best nail art finds?

My nail art brushes and dotting tools. (Both from eBay!)






23. What was the best nail polish gift you have received?

My two Essie topcoats (I got this christmas), Good To Go from my fiancée and Matte About You from my brother.



24. Worst nail habit?

Biting the skin around my nails and biting my thumb nails :(

My thumb nail :\




I TAG MY AWESOME COUSIN HANNAH... hannahheartss.blogspot.com



You Might Also Like

2 comments