Barry M's Under The Sea Collection // Swatch & Review

February 09, 2018

I have been waiting, what feels like a year for these polishes (only been a few weeks). I love the ocean, fish, basically anything aquatic to be honest. So when I saw these appear online, I almost melted. I brought 3 of 4, my closest Superdrug store didn't have Jellyfish in stock (but I am planning on adding that to my collection at some point too). 
Can I just start out by stating the obvious... the bottle caps on these are stunning. I said the same about Barry M's Candy Culture collection (video here), they should be making corresponding stamping plates to go with these collection, with designs from the bottles. I hope Barry M continues making collections with cute bottle designs like these. All of these polishes are colour-shifting shimmers.

Angelfish
This polish is a nude, pale pink, with a beautiful, silver shimmer. This feels like a very beach sand shade, which would make for a great subtle mani this summer. Would make a perfect base colour for a beach nail art design.
3 coats, no top coat.

Butterflyfish
This is a beautiful blue polish, with an amazing pink shimmer. This shade is a great polish for an aquatic themed collection. The light blue is perfect for spring/summer and some mermaid themed nail art.
3 coats, no top coat.

Pinktail
It isn't very often that my favourite from a polish collection isn't 'the blue one', but that's the case with this collection. Pinktail is my favourite, it's a salmon pink shade with a stunning gold shimmer (with hints of green in some light). A perfect summer polish that I have a feeling I'm going to be wearing a lot this summer.
3 coats, no top coat.

Over Black
I put one coat of these polishes over black polish, to see what the polishes would look like. The all look drastically different...

Nail designs using Butterflyfish and Pintail as a base colour...
Plate: Animal 01 by Moyou London (+ matte top coat)

I adore all of these shades, they are unique and perfect for spring/summer, and all look just as beautiful with a matte top coat as they do a glossy one.

- N :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments